George Family 2014

George Family 2014
George Family 2014

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Unexpected!

The last 5 days of my life have been unexpected. I have been thinking of what to write here because I think I am still in shock from this entire situation.  Bethany was a  part of my everyday life. I could stop and list here all the things she was to me.   She was the very first girl to ever come to our kids club.  The first one to accept Christ, the first one to blossom and have fruit, she was my best friend, and if you look on facebook and spoke to her, She saw me as her 2nd mum.  She even had a bedroom at our house.  She was the one who took care of my kids when we had to fly interstate, She was the one who came and sat with any of my kids when they were sick, And, she was the perfect example of why Chris and I are missionaries in Australia. We came here to bring people to Christ!  And, that is what we did with Bethany.  Bethany has led her mum and her three brothers to a Christian faith. Bethany has brought her two friends to church and we were able to pray with them a year back now and they accepted Christ. she has helped heal families and given hope to sooo many people.   She was so concerned about making sure everyone else was okay and doing well. Which actually was a trait she learned from her own parents.   She was born into a beautiful family with amazing parents and brothers.   She was always loved!  Bethany has been a leader in our kids club for the last 5 years, and whenever I questioned anything or needed an extra hand, or anything... she was the one I called on.  Even today, 24 hours later, as I write this I have to be honest... I am overcome with emotion, and can't imagine what her parents have been through, and am just broken, fingers numb, and heart pouring out.  Our children went to sleep crying last night and have been super emotional because Bethany was the bigger member in our family. She's been on every camp, and I have so many good and amazing memories, and rest assured that she in Heaven... That will pull us through, times like this.  But, if I were to be honest... On a day like this.... This is how you feel.   These are the emotions.  And, I know that I can't wait to wrap my arms around her mum and dad and just hug them.  The boys, I have already been with, and shared a moment in time that will forever be the darkest day of their life.   They are coping.  I think at this moment that is the word, coping.






   

No comments: