George Family 2014

George Family 2014
George Family 2014

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sharing about Australia.

Telling about Australia!
While I was home in America for my grandmothers funeral.  I was there for two Sundays.   I was blessed to have an opportunity to share with my home church Higgins Wesleyan about what my role as a pastor's wife is in Australia.  I was going to share for just a few minutes, and thought that was all I had to share. But, as I was sharing about what we were doing it became very evident God wanted me to share more!   See being a missionary's wife is a full time job! And, one that I volunteer for!   I love doing it! And, God has blessed me with such a wonderful partner to stand with!  And, since normally Chris does all the talking when we are home.. It was nice for me to give "my view" of what I do!

The second Sunday I was blessed to share with Chris's home church Brookside Wesleyan in the junior church program and also during the morning service.  
It was wonderful to hug, shake hands, and get to see and spend a little time with  these people who faithfully pray and support our family to live in Australia..

The Junior church was really excited because they support our kids! So, they were having fun listening to everything I was saying.   In Australia we pay for our children to go to public school. Even public school is not free.  And, the Junior church at Brookside took that part of our budget on  and their  support to Global Partners helps  fund our kids to attend school.  They help them buy text books, pay their school fees, and  pay for in school activities.

Like in America if  a "science guy" comes to school  and share in the class room most likely the children don't have to pay to attend.. But, in Australia.. our children have to pay a $50 fee each at the beginning of the year.. And, if they don't pay it.. they don't get to participate even if the person is in their own classroom.

Also there are no school buses. So, if our kids have excursion and are leaving the school premises we always have to pay for them to ride a bus that the school has hired for the day. 

There are lot's of little differences. But we are truly blessed by the children at Brookside Wesleyan ! Thank you  for supporting our children and our family.

No comments: