George Family 2014

George Family 2014
George Family 2014

Friday, January 20, 2012

36 Hours of Travel!

After 36 hours of transit I arrived safely back in Perth!   I was dressed in black trackies and a long sleeve shirt only to be greeted at the airport with a GUST of heat!  If I were to think back....

Apparently the whole world was windy!

 It was 20F when  My flight left  from Rochester  toJFK airport in  NY . It was a very bumpy flight! And, I felt very sorry for the lady next to me. She was gripped so tightly to the seet you would need a crow bar to pry her hands off.  I was constantly praying for her and trying to calm her down on the flight. I was VERY relieved it was only a 45 minute flight!

The I had a 6 hour layover in JFK.   JFK-LA the seat belt light was on the entire flight, and we were constantly told that it wuld be a very bumpy flight because of the wind. 

Two hour layover in LA.  Then, our flight from LA to Sydney was not that bad.. .It was pretty moderately bumpy. It was 15 1/2 hours. I was sitting in a row of college girls who were coming to study a term in perth. So, they had all kinds of great stories to share etc.

Then I had a two hour layover in Sydney.  Which I boarded the plane and was sitting next to a lovely family from perth.  The flight was 5 hours. But, it didn't feel that long after my last one was 15!   However, Perth had been very windy and had lightning storms, and rain in the morning and chris was wrried I would be delayed. But, when I arrived it was hot, 95 F sunny and windy!

I got off the plane and could hear the sound of my childrens voices!  It was so great to be home!!!

No comments: