George Family 2014

George Family 2014
George Family 2014

Friday, January 06, 2012


God Knew the Desires of My Heart!

When Chris and I found out my grandma past away we were very saddened. She was in excellent health. But, I was happy in the fact, I knew she was in Heaven.  I was not upset that I couldn't make the funeral I just knew it wasn't possible. But, then I received a phone call that the funeral had been moved.   I then realized I had enough time to get on a plane and be in transit for 36 hours and still get to NY in time.   This was hard for me. Before this moment, I didn't have a choice it was impossible. But, now that I had a choice... I couldn't sleep I just kept wondering what choice I should make.  Chris sent out an email asking our prayer partners to pray that I would feel at peace so far away from all of our family.   And, that night I closed my eyes and I slept. Never in a million years did I expect to read the email I would read in the morning... 


On Monday morning in Australia we received an email from Rev. Pat Jones. His church, Eastern Hills Wesleyan was willing to pay for my trip from Perth to NY! God had created a window of opportunity.  within a few hours I was booked to NYC.  I then rang my sister in Hyde, PA. And, their church booked my flight from JFK to Rochester, NY and within a few minutes it was all completed. I was amazed at how God surprised me in such a way I never expected.  I was in shock. I could barely pack my bags as I couldn't believe it was true.   But, God new the desires of my heart, and the verse below popped into my head over and over as I sat on the plane.



Psalm 37:3-5

New International Version (NIV)
 3 Trust in the LORD and do good; 
   dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Take delight in the LORD,   
 and he will give you the desires of your heart.
 5 Commit your way to the LORD; 
   trust in him and he will do this:


No comments: