George Family 2014

George Family 2014
George Family 2014

Monday, June 09, 2008

Chic!
I have been teaching this term in the public high school a class by scripture union called Chic! It has been fun, trying, hard, enjoyable, yet God is using me to make a difference in 7 girls lives. These girls have been chosen to be in this program because of their behavioural problems at school.
Week 1- went great
Week 2- went alright till last 5 minutes, and one of the girls tried to beat another girl with a stick. And, I had to intervene. etc.
week 3- Went alright, except for the fact that I felt like the lesson didn't address any issues. So. then came week 4.
week 4- I followed up with the girls on the issue of inner beauty and how they are who they are on the inside, I actually got through to a lot of the girls, and they now respect me, and two of the girls even told the others to stop talking because they wanted to hear what I had to say.

Although, I have had many emotions about this program, and about working in the school. I believe God is using me and I would like you to pray for the following girls, that they would see Jesus in and through me as I share my life with them. I am not actually allowed to say the word God, and things but when the girls specifically ask me questions I am allowed to answer. So, pray that the girls would open up and continue to talk with me and ask me questions.
The girls are: Natalie (sweetheart, becoming my friend and completely respects me), Megan, Alicia (Rough on the outside, but genuinely I think just needs to know someone cares), Tessa (Real sweety, not sure why she is in this group yet), Monique, (Fighter, till the end, ad feisty!), Georgina, (First week she was in my group, gave a hard time at first, but by the end of the session she was on my side and working with me instead of against me), and Kristy.

If you could pray for them I would GREATLY appreciate it!
Thanks so much,
Melissa

1 comment:

matthew said...

will do. sounds like a challenging opportunity!