George Family 2014

George Family 2014
George Family 2014

Monday, October 25, 2010

You never know what to expect!
On Tuesday Makayla's teacher still needed a parent to go on their class field trip to the farm. I was going to stay home and help Stephanie and Darrek settle in, but Makayla's teacher was desperate so in the end I said I would go...

When I arrived I found out that there was not room on the bus and I would have to drive... :(
Then I found out I could not be with Makayla. At first I was a bit disappointed, but I was determined I was not going to let this ruin my day.

I had 6 children and we had a wonderful day until the rain came. All day long children kept running up to me and saying hi and giving me high 5's. And, the kids in my group kept asking me how I knew those kids.. And, I would just say "The go to after school kids club on Fridays! One little boy in my group asked if he could come. And, I just mentioned to him that he could have his mum talk to me after school.

The fantastic news is that God was in the midst of that entire day. And, on Friday Alex came to Kids Club! And, he is So excited t0 be there and cant wait to come back next week!

What if I hadn't volunteered? Alex would not be coming to church. God is in the midst 0f everything we do! He has given us opportunities, we just have to be looking for them and open and ready to use them!

Pray that Alex and his family would start to build a connection with our church family and that they would come to know who Christ is.

No comments: