George Family 2014

George Family 2014
George Family 2014

Monday, March 08, 2010

Church in the Park
Unfortunately we had to change our 5 year anniversary for two weeks. But, the awesome thing is that we got to have church in the park last night. WE set up two tents and had church underneath them. WE actually had quite a few people askus what we were doing. And, this may be a good opportunity for us to make more people aware of our church! But, we had a wonderful service and snag with just a guitar and we were all reminded of how nice it is to just come and worship with out all the "extra" stuff we seem to expect in church every week!

Play Group
This morning I had play group and only one mum showed up. I was a bit dissapointed. But, something cool came from it. I was sitting there talking with Daphne and found out that once she attended a play group in Zambia. She is actually from Mauritius and her husband ishere studying for college. But, I think they may have decided to stay in Australia. But, she told me that she had done a book by Rick Warren. Daphne does not attend church, and she is not a Christian. And, I was really wanting to share a devotion every week during our play group. And, she was the one I was worried about being turned off! And, next thing you know she is telling me about how she loved that play group! So, God has opened the door. Pray with me as I walk through it. Obviously since it is a play group we will do a very short "Lift up" moment from the Bible. But, pray with me as I decide what this will look like! Also, another friend of mine has decided to join, she is Catholic, but I do not know yet whethere she has accepted Christ as her saviour.

No comments: