George Family 2014

George Family 2014
George Family 2014

Thursday, July 05, 2012

Good 'Ol Chambers Camp

Back in the days when I was a child I gave my heart to Jesus in a tabernacle on the grounds of Chambers Camp. It was exciting to be home in our district and share our booth with our fellow churches that support us and hopefully build some connections and bridges to new churches in our district.  We had a great time catching up with people and receiving and giving lot's of hugs with all the familiar faces.  My daughter asked many time if there was ANYBODY we didn't know.  And, the answer to that would be YES! But, our goal was to remind people about our ministry and let them know that we are faithfully serving in Australia and we hope that they will pray and join our team in Perth through their prayers. 
  On Thursday morning we were able to share a seminar.  And, w
e were truly blessed to be a part of the missions night at Chambers.  We stayed over night in a creekside cabin and Chris and I told our kids before bed time all the fun stories we had of being camp counselors,and working in the kitchen at Chambers. Those were the Good 'Ol days when we were young! 

On a side note it was a blessing for me to run into one of my previous campers. Her and her husband are in the ministry full time. And, it was TRULY special to see how God used me to touch her life when she was younger!  But, even cooler it reminded me of the future of Perth, Australia.  in a few years down the road our kids Club Kids will be the future of our church, and they will be doing minsitry full time and the number of people impacted by the LCWMC will be huge! 




No comments: