George Family 2014

George Family 2014
George Family 2014

Friday, April 20, 2012

WA Youth Camp

This year we had 6 guys and 6 girls go on the Western Australia Youth Camp. 11 of these teenagers were from our church! It was really exciting as we prepared for camp. The teens worked hard at their jobs and fundraisers so they could attend the camp.  It was well worth their effort because they had an awesome time.

The teens had to prepare all their own meals, with our help as well as we did all kinds of group bonding games, and lots of exciting activities.  After cap was over I could barely walk. I realized that Chris and I are NOT as young as we think we are! We had played capture the flag, and climbed sand dunes, and done all kinds of crazy things, and our legs were sore for atlesat 3 days... :) And, we were exhausted. We are not used to only getting 1-2 hours of sleep! :)

The weekend was focused on the phrase ECHO.
His Words- My speech
His Walk- My steps
His Will- My Stay
I am - I ECHO

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children. Ephesians 5:1

 The teens made all kinds of personal commitments and I think Laura (Rachel's Sister) is very close to becoming a Christian. please pray for Laura as Chris and I share Christ with her!

No comments: