George Family 2014

George Family 2014
George Family 2014

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Global Positioning Systems?
Today we had the privilege of speaking at Angola Wesleyan Church. This church has supported us for the past 5 years! It was exciting to go and share with them what God has been doing in the "Land Down Under!" But, most importantly God spoke to my heart about a few things we do in Australia. Here they are!

1. We must follow God's word!
On the way to the church our GPS could not get a Satellite! Do you think we had a map? No. So, we would drive a ways and then stop and ask for directions! But, what we should have done was pulled out our map and looked to see where we were supposed to be going! God has given us His instruction book for life! By serving in Australia we are bringing God's word to the people of Australia and sharing with them the news that Jesus Christ died on the cross for them!

2. We were right where God wanted us to be!
We didn't get mad at the GPS we didn't really panic we just knew that God would get us there! And, sometimes... life is just like that! Sometimes we know where we are going. But recently being a missionary feels like stepping out into new territory. And, all we have is faith in Jesus to know he will bring us through the other side!

3. Serve with everything in us!
Later that morning the church service started and on the first song they apologized for not having a pianist and they sang with no music. Now, I could have sat there and told God my gifts and talents were not good enough. But, I got out of my seat and went and sat at the piano, and for the rest of the service I played. I have not played a piano since we left Australia! I missed it, and I felt so involved in worship in a way I haven't in a while. Because, I used the small talent God wanted me to serve Him with! We are getting ready to go back to Australia. There are going to be many days we feel inadequate. But, God placed a call on us and he will supply all we need! Even on the other side of the world!

Who knew a drive without a GPS could teach us so many lessons!

No comments: