George Family 2014

George Family 2014
George Family 2014

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was full of celebrations at church. The children made Trivets at Kids Club for their moms so we handed those out as well as the church gave to every mother a candle that said faith. We started this week our sermon series on Family and what better way to start than on Mother's Day. Chris preached an excellent sermon on what a Godly mother looks like. Funny enough, one of his points was that a Godly Mother keeps herself physically healthy. Funny enough though I was sick so everyone snickered on that point. He wasn't necessarily talking about sickness, he was talking about physically healthy. But, everyone had a good laugh and looked at me since I was SICK!

We had 33 people at church which was exciting. Our family is a bit ill at the moment with a pretty bad cold. So, pray for us to recover quickly, since the doctor has no appointments for two days! :) I have already been sick for a week, and seem to not be getting better, but we will be patient and wait it out. We have challenged every person to have a friend in church next week. Please pray for our church families as we would love to see this happen! We thank you for your prayers Chris and I feel them especially on the days when we are sick and have so much work to do for the kingdom! But, God is good and he never gives us more than we can handle.

I just wanted to post on here Happy Mother's Day to my Mother!

My mother has been a Godly example to me my whole life. She is full of love, patience, kindness, gentleness, and she is devoted to being a follower of Christ! I thank my mother for the impact she has had in my life. Whenever I am out of patience with my kids I stop and think how my mom would have reacted and it would have been with complete control and patience! I hope I am a mother like her! I love getting to talk on the phone everyweek with her and hear how she is doing and get tid bits of advice from her! I love you Mom! I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day! XXOO

No comments: