George Family 2014

George Family 2014
George Family 2014

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Joys of Parenting.

I love my kids. I would do anything in this world for my kids. But I will never put together another swing set for my kids. The problem is the instructions. (Yes, I used them) They don't write out what you are supposed to do, they draw very small confusing pictures for you to stare at and get confused by. Now that it is put together, I am very proud of my efforts and the smiles on the kids faces as they swing and slide are worth it. But I swear that swingsets have more nuts and bolts than the local hardware store. The swingset was going to be their Christmas present but grandmas and grandpas decided that the kids should have it for the entire summer in order to get the best use out of it. (probably true). We are very grateful for their "donation" and will spend many hours in the backyard I am sure. Summer continues to gradually move in and it is supposed to get warmer by three degrees each day this week for a fine day of 27 degrees (81 F) for our family picnic day this Saturday. Tonight is halloween so maybe we will be able to meet a few people from the area as they knock on our door for lollies.


I also wanted to share with you the quote of the week. We were driving in the car the other day and Makayla says from the backseat the following as she was looking at a small cut she had on her ankle... "Mum, I ripped the stuff that keeps the blood in". Hope that makes you chuckle, have a great day, Chris.

No comments: